Sunday, August 23, 2009

Roadtrip mit meinen Eltern - Prague!

At the end of August my parents came over to visit. It was my Mum's second and my Dad's first trip here. They arrived and gave themselves a tour of Herzo as I worked a few more hours, then we met up for lunch and some of my team came along.



Saturday they went to Munich for the day as I had a Hen-do to attend to. (see Hen-Do post)
Then bright and early on Sunday at 7, just three hrs after I had gone to bed, we took off for Prague. We stayed at a Monestary...here is the entrance.

The monestary was at the top of the hill, which meant that it took us 45minutes to walk to town...some architecture along the way....






Once we pass through this tower, we're on the bridge heading into old town.



Prague is known for it's creepy and haunted side






The main square



We climbed up the tower of the Astronomical Clock. Highly recommended.

Here are the views.....




My parents!













Proof I was there too!






The super cool Astronomical Clock. Google this - there are so many little details the clock has.



Here you can see the balloon ride



The Monastary





That evening we took a Night Ghost Tour of the city.

Here is our tour guide and the Door of the Golden Bears. You can't see a color difference between the bears and the door w/ the naked eye. Pretty Cool. Our tour guide was an American who came to Prague because he fell in love w/ a Czech girl while they were in theater together.

Under this church is one of the entrances to the Prague underworld. It's now closed off to the public, but you can get tours through it like in Paris.






The decorative windows were created to keep ghosts, demons and theives all out of peoples homes. Everything from the spikes to scary faces was used to deter possible entrants.



One of the oldest streets in Prague.


In front of this church is where the most people capture orbs and wierd things. You can see the shadow of the tour guide in the bottom center, but I have idea what that face or things is next to it. Didnt' see it until I was posting them here to the blog.

My dad captured potential orbs, but this is the closest I got and since it's blurry, pretty sure it's nada.


I know this picture is lame due to the blurriness - but that's an apartment ceiling!





The King of Pop is EVERYWHERE.

Not sure how Communists feel about these posters, but I think they're AMAZING.









The view into Prague center from my hotel window.


Where we parked the Mini at the monestary.


Now off to Berlin! Prague was great and I would def like to get back there again. De-qui, Prague!

No comments: