One of the Fancy Fraus, Amy, is getting married, so of course she needed a hen-do (british for bachellorette party). Girls from England came down and joined us girls in Nurnberg for night one night, but a weekend of activities. First, meet and greet party at Andi's, then dance class Sat afternoon to learn a routine for the wedding, then Dirndls on parade Saturday night, then Sundy good-bye brunch.
My parents and I were leaving for Prague on Sunday, so I could only do bits of the weekend activities. My mum joined me for a little bit at the meet and greet on Friday, then I shipped my parents off to Munich for Saturday.
Here is the crew on their way to the 80's-hiphop themed dance class. Of course we added a theme, of course we looked ridiculous and as such had to put on a show the entire way there. I had to meet them by bike. Always fun riding through Nurnberg in lame silver leggings.
After the class a pop over to a biergarten for refreshments.
Then it was time for the big-ha-ra Dirndls on Parade evening. Amy's fiance made a swiss mountain scene in their guest room/office, complete w/ moutain goats! Perfect for pictures!
Nadia and the LFB, Amy (la fiance bonita)
Then off to dinner at the yummy Greek restaurant in town. Lots of fake lashes going around.
This is the sash I made for Amy. It says "I love you more than Bear". Small typing error from her fiance. He meant Beer.
Immitating the puppets in Sound of Music. What else do you do in a dirndl?
Here is the entire crew. You can understand the uproar experienced in poor little calm Nurnberg for the evening.
Jo doing the robot.
German Princess Leia
Part of team Fancy Fraus performing.
This guy thought he was Sinatra. Def not. LAME
Now Jo's onto air guitar.
Getting strangers to pose w/ the missing hens who are present per popsicle stick faces, priceless.
It's sad that in Germany sometimes you need to teach people things like how to do the YMCA.
This was a stag-do (male version). They needed some leadership to correctly sing.
Last stop of the night. As hot inside as Dubai in July outside. Why, Bar 77, why?
Amy and I do the dance move 'prayer' to Abba Gimme Gimme.
This is when we knew it was time to go home...this is about the 10th person in this place that one of us had to respond to the question "what the hell are you girls doing and why are you wearing dirndls?"
Of course I told him the truth, that we're a traveling dance troupe spreading awareness about the benefits of chastity.
Excellent girls, excellent evening, excellent outfits. .....if only I didn't get home at 4am and need to be up for Prague at 7am.......the scrafices one makes as a Fancy Frau.
No comments:
Post a Comment