After visiting Ferrari and Ducati, we drove up to Milan for store checking and inspiration. It was my first time to the fashion capital. We arrived at night and went out for team dinner and some drinks on the sidewalk enjoying the summer weather with the locals.
Next day, an early start of wandering the streets and retailers for inspiration take-aways.
Being in northern Italy, I of course had to visit Bobo! He works out of his company, Moss Group's, Vicenza location. That being Andrea's home town, we took the train from Milan to Vicenza together where Bobo picked us up.
Andrea had been bragging about Vicenza since I met him and he was always telling the truth. The city is beautiful, charming, and is now tied for favorite Italian city with Verona. It's the city of Palladio, the great architecture master who inspired Inigo Jones and Christopher Wren as well the planners of America as seen in Washington DC. Every building here is lovely.. It being another warm, romantical summer night in Italy, there was a live outdoor orchestra concert in the main piazza. Yes, I could totally live here.
See the Venetian branding of the winged lion.
Bobo, Andrea and I. Always up to mischief.
The tradition in Vicenza is that when you graduate high school your friends make these large posters with songs and poems and quotes basically throwing you under the bus. I guess once you graduate high school here, your parents give you a free pass for your past crimes. Poor Giulia Raffaello. ;)
Bobo, myself, Andrea's best friend from childhood, and Andrea. Bravo! Andrea - thanks for showing me around your hometown and Bobo, thanks for being a great host. See you soon, Vicenza.
I arrived back in Nurnberg with the ideal luggage cart waiting for me. Official days on the road: 23
Next day, an early start of wandering the streets and retailers for inspiration take-aways.
Some cool jewelery from the fashion staple retailer Corso Como.
Being in northern Italy, I of course had to visit Bobo! He works out of his company, Moss Group's, Vicenza location. That being Andrea's home town, we took the train from Milan to Vicenza together where Bobo picked us up.
Andrea had been bragging about Vicenza since I met him and he was always telling the truth. The city is beautiful, charming, and is now tied for favorite Italian city with Verona. It's the city of Palladio, the great architecture master who inspired Inigo Jones and Christopher Wren as well the planners of America as seen in Washington DC. Every building here is lovely.. It being another warm, romantical summer night in Italy, there was a live outdoor orchestra concert in the main piazza. Yes, I could totally live here.
See the Venetian branding of the winged lion.
Bobo, Andrea and I. Always up to mischief.
The tradition in Vicenza is that when you graduate high school your friends make these large posters with songs and poems and quotes basically throwing you under the bus. I guess once you graduate high school here, your parents give you a free pass for your past crimes. Poor Giulia Raffaello. ;)
Bobo, myself, Andrea's best friend from childhood, and Andrea. Bravo! Andrea - thanks for showing me around your hometown and Bobo, thanks for being a great host. See you soon, Vicenza.
I arrived back in Nurnberg with the ideal luggage cart waiting for me. Official days on the road: 23
No comments:
Post a Comment