I was SUPER excited to spend my time in Manchester with Fancy Frau, Danielle, and her husband Terrence.
Whoop, whoop - Frau reunion! I was also excited to see Manchester as so many of my favorite English men & women call Manchester home. The city is amazing and actually one of my favorites. Such great architecture, art, and young people starting small businesses, creating art, and setting the trend. People of the verge for sure.
The best way to wake up on Fourth of July when not in America:
Danielle and I took off to tour the city by foot. Get ready, Manchester. Fraus on the loose.
What?!, blue skies in Manchester? Yes, of course when a global phenomenon comes to town.
We found this great art and gift shop. These little guys - they now live on my bookshelf. Mature choices as always.
Ma'am, I totally get it. I too often feel like a hung over stewardess.
In the totally awesome Affleck's they have a ton of small pop ups and boutiques - great for the Uni students to sell what they make. What makes it even better - an American shop!
When a building has fallen down, why not make what's left standing into art?
Just another reason to love Danielle.
Manchester has one of the most beautiful city halls.
This sign sums up what I think you should feel.
It also is good for reflection...
Northern Quarter - hip, fun, stylish
Highly recommended tasty cider:
Danielle and I spotted this American flag, snuck into the building, and shouted "Happy 4th of July" at the top of our lungs. We did not get anyone to come outside. :(
Another Unicorn. The UK is soooo good for Unicorn spotting.
I'm not surprised that Manchester offers 24 hour alcohol delivery. Mankinis you know who you are!
To maintain Global Phenomenon status, it's required that I unexpectedly run into friends in cities while traveling. It's even better when they yell "hey, Kara!" from across the street. Such is how D and I ran into The Andrew Hopkins. We agreed to meet that evening for drinks. So great to see him and great laughs as usual. Hanging out with two members of the rockstar club - ahhhmazing.
Manchester, I love you!
Whoop, whoop - Frau reunion! I was also excited to see Manchester as so many of my favorite English men & women call Manchester home. The city is amazing and actually one of my favorites. Such great architecture, art, and young people starting small businesses, creating art, and setting the trend. People of the verge for sure.
The best way to wake up on Fourth of July when not in America:
Danielle and I took off to tour the city by foot. Get ready, Manchester. Fraus on the loose.
What?!, blue skies in Manchester? Yes, of course when a global phenomenon comes to town.
We found this great art and gift shop. These little guys - they now live on my bookshelf. Mature choices as always.
I am told this is the center of amazing English TV.
Manchester also has tons of amazing vintage shops.
Ma'am, I totally get it. I too often feel like a hung over stewardess.
In the totally awesome Affleck's they have a ton of small pop ups and boutiques - great for the Uni students to sell what they make. What makes it even better - an American shop!
When a building has fallen down, why not make what's left standing into art?
Just another reason to love Danielle.
Manchester has one of the most beautiful city halls.
This sign sums up what I think you should feel.
It also is good for reflection...
Northern Quarter - hip, fun, stylish
Highly recommended tasty cider:
Danielle and I spotted this American flag, snuck into the building, and shouted "Happy 4th of July" at the top of our lungs. We did not get anyone to come outside. :(
Another Unicorn. The UK is soooo good for Unicorn spotting.
I'm not surprised that Manchester offers 24 hour alcohol delivery. Mankinis you know who you are!
To maintain Global Phenomenon status, it's required that I unexpectedly run into friends in cities while traveling. It's even better when they yell "hey, Kara!" from across the street. Such is how D and I ran into The Andrew Hopkins. We agreed to meet that evening for drinks. So great to see him and great laughs as usual. Hanging out with two members of the rockstar club - ahhhmazing.
Manchester, I love you!




No comments:
Post a Comment