At the end of September I had to have sinus surgery after I was sick repeatedly and then super sick in July. My mum came out to take care of me and Bandit as I was out of commission for three weeks.
One of my first days out of the house was to meet Amy and Oscar for lunch.
Bandit insisted on sitting on a chair for story time too.
Then at the end of the three weeks I was able to go and meet new baby Jude! He was born at 30 weeks, so had been in the hospital for a long time and I couldn't see him if there was any chance I had germs. So excited to finally meet this little guy!
Stripes on stripes - of course he matches Auntie Frau Duffy!
Making sure my mum gets in lots of Frau gran-babies.
Ted insisted on having his portrait done.
After three weeks stuck w/ useless me on the couch in Nurnberg, my mum needed a little trip to feel like she was seeing something new in Europe. We drove to Rothenberg ob der Tauber where they have year-round Christmas shop village and museums due to it being the headquarters for Kathe-Wohlfahrt - maker of Christmas decorations. It's a cute, charming town - much smaller than Nurnberg so it has an added quaintness. Not sure if there were any decorations left once we headed home....
The Christmas Village was super cool with lots of vignettes around the season dispersed among themed shopping areas.
On my mum's last day in Nurnberg, she threw me a surprise 30th birthday party and invited the girls over to my place. Initially I was not impressed (sorry everyone!), but it was great to see the girls and very sweet of my mum.
It was great to have her in Nurnberg. We power watched seasons of The Good Wife, many movies, she mastered different walking routes with Bandit, and learned all about the German hospital system. Fun! ;)
One of my first days out of the house was to meet Amy and Oscar for lunch.
Bandit insisted on sitting on a chair for story time too.
Then at the end of the three weeks I was able to go and meet new baby Jude! He was born at 30 weeks, so had been in the hospital for a long time and I couldn't see him if there was any chance I had germs. So excited to finally meet this little guy!
Stripes on stripes - of course he matches Auntie Frau Duffy!
Making sure my mum gets in lots of Frau gran-babies.
Ted insisted on having his portrait done.
After three weeks stuck w/ useless me on the couch in Nurnberg, my mum needed a little trip to feel like she was seeing something new in Europe. We drove to Rothenberg ob der Tauber where they have year-round Christmas shop village and museums due to it being the headquarters for Kathe-Wohlfahrt - maker of Christmas decorations. It's a cute, charming town - much smaller than Nurnberg so it has an added quaintness. Not sure if there were any decorations left once we headed home....
The Christmas Village was super cool with lots of vignettes around the season dispersed among themed shopping areas.
On my mum's last day in Nurnberg, she threw me a surprise 30th birthday party and invited the girls over to my place. Initially I was not impressed (sorry everyone!), but it was great to see the girls and very sweet of my mum.
It was great to have her in Nurnberg. We power watched seasons of The Good Wife, many movies, she mastered different walking routes with Bandit, and learned all about the German hospital system. Fun! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment