In order to help achieve the 30 by 30 challenge, I went on a roadtrip through Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England. Yup - 4 more countries! Boom.
My trip started in Dublin after being stuck a night in Frankfurt. Luckily I planned two nights in Dublin. I finally arrived at 7, only to find the hotel had canceled my reservation for both nights, not just 1 night. They found me a room and I ran off into the city to explore for the next 12 hrs. I ended up at Donahue's and met a hen/stag do for a couple from Chicago, so I ended up hanging out w/ a bunch of Americans and Kevin the bartender for a few hours.
The next day I took off early heading towards Cork. Stops along the way: Powerscourt Estate, Kilkenny, Cahir, and Cashel
Here are some views from Powerscourt.
Then I continued on to Kilkenny.
Then I continued on to Cork. My hotel was in a super ghetto location, gps couldn't find it originally, and I was just over it, so I continued straight on to Killarney. Here's what I saw along the way...
My trip started in Dublin after being stuck a night in Frankfurt. Luckily I planned two nights in Dublin. I finally arrived at 7, only to find the hotel had canceled my reservation for both nights, not just 1 night. They found me a room and I ran off into the city to explore for the next 12 hrs. I ended up at Donahue's and met a hen/stag do for a couple from Chicago, so I ended up hanging out w/ a bunch of Americans and Kevin the bartender for a few hours.
The next day I took off early heading towards Cork. Stops along the way: Powerscourt Estate, Kilkenny, Cahir, and Cashel
Here are some views from Powerscourt.
Look a tower just like in Tangled!
Then it opens up to a whole Japanese garden.
Can you see the faces!
There was a pet cemetery at the back of the estate. Sounds creepy, but was actually really sweet - dogs, horses, cows, ponies, etc, etc. All the extended family members.
Another part of the property was dedicated to a beautiful garden.
Just a short drive from the estate is the Powerscourt Waterfall. Also cool.
Then I continued on to Kilkenny.
Kilkenny Castle
There was a motorcycle charity ride happening today, so there were bikes everywhere.
Then I continued on to Cork. My hotel was in a super ghetto location, gps couldn't find it originally, and I was just over it, so I continued straight on to Killarney. Here's what I saw along the way...
No comments:
Post a Comment