Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Luxembourg is LAME...a.k.a. Yuck Lux

I went to Antwerp for work the first week of April and figured it be cool to stop for Lunch in Luxembourg City, Luxembourg on the way. Check off another country on the list and see a new place. While the drive through southern Germany was nice (see 1st pic) Luxembourg was LAME. I know that a bunch of Clarkies did the 6 week program there, but I'm very glad I did not. I would go so far as to call it the armpit of Europe. What I saw people wearing was ridiculous - lots of bedazzling and fur. It was dark and gave me the creeps. Unless you need to tic off another country quick, skip it, skip it if you come to Europe. In the small countries list Leichtenstein kicks is ass. (def see that one!)
You guys know how many pics I usually take, so you can guess how lame it was based on the very few below. To make matters worse, my camera which I just got in October after my previous one died on the roadtrip w/ my mum, also died and I had to send it back to the manufacturer. So the rockstar camera that always does exactly what I want was not able to come on this trip. So sad, but I was able to borrow a work camera which is clearly, clearly not up to snuff. (please remember this when checking out the Antwerp pics too)
I grabbed a paninni which I took on a 1.5 hr walk through the city and bounced. All set, but one more country closer to the 30 by 30 challenge.

Luxembourg.

Old city and new city
Old city...





Wierd lower village in the gully between the old and new city.




New city...



Back in the old city...

Proof that I was there. Photo taken by an old man who spoke not French, German, Italian, Spanish or English - so I have no idea where he was from, but sign language was effective enough to get the job done.




No comments: