Friday, October 24, 2008

And she found her heart in Montmartre

For my birthday I wanted to go to Paris. It ended up working out that my friend Emma, from Boston, would be there at the same time. Flew over Friday am. Spent Friday and Sunday exploring on my own and Fri night and Saturday Emma and I took on the city together.
Left absolutely loving the city, excited to go back and added it to my places I would live list.

Upon arriving I went to explore Montmartre. My friend Tom said this was his fav neighborhood and now mine as well.

Basilique du Sacre-Coeur

























I popped into Egilse St. Jean-de-Montmartre



















Previously the water tower for the neighborhood










Climbing higher up the hill. First of many views
















Paris graffiti




Check out the details in the roof.




Paris likes it's stairs.

View after climbing...







Basiligue du Sacre-Coeur





stairs to climb up to the top. Super narrow and tiny steps = dizzy and clostraphobic























My first view of the Eiffel Tower



Always a reassuring sign when you've just climbed 200 steps and are in the narrowest passage.




















After climbing back down you can then go into the crypt. Super creepy








And randomly there is a vineyard in the neighborhood





















Found this great art gallery called ESPACE.










Meet Emma at the hotel and we got ready for our first night in Paris. We took the Metro towards the Eiffle Tower.




Some hoops in the Tower shadow

The Eiffel Tower! Just as we arrived it lit up ;)



Emma and the Tower










The only elevator we took.....to the top













The gears that pull up the elevators








With my dinner I had a side of pinapple. Was not expecting a whole 1/2, but certainly wasn't dissapointed :)


No comments: